Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Busting the Diabetic Myth

"Eating sweet things will lead to diabetic problems."

We have been taught that. And it makes sense. Eat something high in sugar and your sugar levels in your blood becomes too high, that it leads to diabetes.

Little that we all know that the correlation is not as straightforward as that. It involves some pretty scientific explanation and more justification to get diabetes from consuming too much sugary food.

This lesson came to me while I was trying to find out some answers regarding an on-job problem that hit me.

We've got a consumer complaining about seemingly high sugar content in our products. So here I am with a fresh new lesson learned, and busting the obnoxious claim or myth that has always haunt us.

Refer to the detailed explanation here

An additional lesson learned: A pink ribbon symbolizes breast cancer. A blue disk below symbolizes diabetes.

Wiki search if you doubt me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment