Sunday, March 2, 2014

TOMS - Shoes for Tomorrow

Got started with my first book for my March quota. It's called "START SOMETHING THAT MATTERS" by Blake Mycoskie.

Actually the name didn't really struck me. But once I knew he started up TOMS, I was excited that I picked up this book from a dear friend of mine.

This is the 2nd time I have come across TOMS. First time I remembered coming across this book was in Sir Richard Branson's "Screw Business As usual".

So what's so special about TOMS? Well for every pair of shoes TOMS sell, it will donate a pair to someone who needs it. Put simply, buy a shoe from them, and also buy a pair for someone who needs them, somewhere in this part of the world.

Brilliant move. Still yet to get deeper inside the book. But what this book makes me realize yet again - Start something that matters. Entrepreneurship should be started with a vision great enough, which is to create good and to make the world a better place to live in. The revenues will come easily without you bothering it.

But sometimes.. I wonder why am I still reading books like this when all I really need is to make that first step into entrepreneurship, make that leap of faith...

I gotta firm up my master plan, draft out the major details and perhaps kick start my dreams...

Here's a brief outlook of what the book teaches. Download the pdf overview here

http://thenerve.us/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/toms-shoes.jpeg

No comments:

Post a Comment