Monday, April 7, 2014

Dallas Buyers Club

Now a lot of people out there are sad that Leonardo Di Caprio did not win the Oscars. Because they did not pay attention to the other contenders.

Personally I'd say that Chiwetel Ejiofor would have trumped over Di Caprio. But Matthew McConaughey deserves his Oscar based on his best actor part for Dallas Buyers Club.

What it really taught me was, Woodroof lived his life by all means, finding ways to extend his life to more than the 30 days the doctor has given him to live. He lived to a total of 7 years (that's so much more than the predicted death). I said so before on my fb status:"One of the great delights of life is to rewrite your limits, proving your doubters wrong in the process."

Best quote of the movie?

"Sometimes I feel like I'm fighting for a life I ain't got time to live."


Try watching most of the nominated films if you do have the chance. Not only do they provide great entertainment, it is the after effect and feeling of the movie that makes a 2 hours plus of movie something not just purely for fun, but also imparting a deep message that we could all use to live on.

 

*sorry for missing out on this blog for almost a month. A lot of things has happened since the last post till now. I swear I will get my routine back and running as soon as possible. Wish me luck that it starts on tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment