Sunday, January 12, 2014

Health Tips and Knowledge

I know I did mentioned blogging about the little health knowledge that I have learn daily. But sometimes when blogging about other things, I seem to get carried away and end up not including them all in a post.

Instead, I'll make an update that captures all the tiny yet relevant health tips that I have accrued. I hope there are readers out there like you who are reading it. Health is something we should take charge of and not leave to fate. I am taking charge of mine in this year by watching what I eat, how much I eat, and what to eat. I hope you're with me as well.

You don't need to spend the time or go through scientific explanations if you're not a science student to understand something. Pitch your thoughts to me! Let me do the research, read up the materials, and share it with everyone else through this blog. You just have to read, remember and perhaps challenge constructively if you find discrepancies.

Alzheimer's Disease

Eat more: cabbage, beer (yes because of the source of silicon), soy beans and potatoes (source of co-enzyme Q10) (food that are source of silicon.)
Cut down on: Alcohol, excluding beer
Avoid: cooking food in aluminum pans, antacid indigestion tablets, food containing Aluminum or Aluminum derived addititves (eg. sodium aluminum phasphate E541)

Anaemia

Eat more: Meat, poultry, liver, fortified breakfast cereals, fresh green vegetables and citrus fruits (food that are source of iron)
Avoid: Drinking tea with meals
Note: Improve iron absorption with vitamin C. Iron is not easily absorbed into the body and tannins in tea can decrease the absorption rate of iron by the body.

Anxiety

Eat more: meat, eggs, cheese, nuts (food source of various B vitamins); citrus fruits (vitamin C); sweet milky drinks
Cut down on: tea, coffee, colas (which contains caffeine); cocoa and chocolate; alcohol.




No comments:

Post a Comment