Monday, January 6, 2014

The Chaos Pendulum of St Mary Redcliffe

I almost forgot to share this.. This deserves a post on its own, although I have plenty to blog about today!

There I was, basking in the inner beauty of St. Mary Redcliffe Cathedral, appreciating the soothing silence that calms me.

Then I heard water tricking. The sound of metal colliding. What on earth is wrecking the peaceful serenity of the church?

A weird looking compass swaying and moving. Then I realized I've stumbled upon the one and only Chaotic Pendulum (this specific model and build up).



Here is an explanation offered: click here

I stood there for 10 minutes with my brother. We had numerous deduction: the flow of the water isn't really constant. But then again, it is indeed a good replication of the Double Pendulum, where the chaotic movements of the swings cannot be predicted!!



Alright enough of the physics lecture. Here are some freebies of St Mary Redcliffe before I post them up on Facebook when I have the time. Enjoy!


 Okay just one more last photo of the pendulum kay?

Click on the images for a better view









There you go guys. Easily one of the most enjoyable place I've been in Bristol. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment