Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pain

"You'll always feel it (pain) Sherlock. But you don't have to fear it" 
- Jim Moriarty (BBC Sherlock, 2014)

Wise words indeed. What more from a villain. A nemesis. 

It is not always we have a soft spot for antagonists. I know plenty of girls out there who are rooting for Loki (Tom Hiddleston) in Thor (seriously I really like Loki as Loki, not because of Tom. Was relieved that he wasn't really dead).

Same goes to Jim Moriarty. Though I got to know he wasn't dead spoiler (ooops did I spoil it for someone else too?), it was actually nice to know that Moriarty survives. 

Not because I'm a dark villain myself or I condone evil (well maybe I do? Just haven't showed my true colors yet :p). Sometimes it's just a matter of fact of perspectives. 

Back to the pain issue. Here I am, after a 5km run, something I decided to forgo yesterday as I was half dead after a morning futsal session. My body still aches but after spraying some pain relieve, I continued with my planned schedule.

What I wanted to remind myself yet again is, pain is a feeling. Not fearing it is a state of mind. And true by going against the pain barrier, you break and rebuild yourself to become stronger. Better. 

I restarted the ab crunching exercise which brought me my almost perfect abs sometimes back ago. The pain was all so familiar. I couldn't even finish the whole 240 crunches when I first started.

But now, finishing 240 crunches leaves me in pain. But not agony. Because just the state of mind of not fearing the pain that I am to endure, I am more resilient to the pain and aches now.

Applying this philosophy in life. And I'm sure you will no doubt rewrite your own limits. 

If better, the limits of mankind :)

No comments:

Post a Comment