Thursday, January 2, 2014

Skin Crack Experience - A Lesson Learnt

My mum said: "Skin cracks happens as we are not used to the weather."

I doubted it. Genetics can play a role. Adaptation too. But for this case no. 

My mum has been experiencing skin cracks. Me a little on the lips. Until my skin cracks on one of my hands, I knew why. 

Left hand

Right hand

Don't know whether it's clear or not, but my skin is cracking on my right knuckles compared to my left. And it happens because of THERMAL SHOCK. 

Simply put, your hands are cold during the winter. And we tend to wash them under hot water. From cold to hot in a short period of time, hence the sudden temperature difference causes your skin to crack.

So happens I used my right hand to test the water with my icy cold hand. 

Lesson learnt. Happy new year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment