Saturday, November 9, 2013

Richard Branson: Reach For The Skies

1st post! Although I was due to start this thing up 4 days ago after I posted a status on my fb.

A brief intro into starting up this blog: I wanted to capture down the special things I learned everyday, as a prove that I am learning and growing, and also as a motivation to remind myself that there is a need to have this habit instilled daily.

So for today's post I would kick start with a book I've just finished reading by Richard Branson.

Normally I'd expect reading something on business management when it comes to Richard Branson's works. But to my surprise this book is a short but concise history of mankind's aviation.

From hot air balloons to rockets, and probably to space colonization - it does amazes me that how far we had come for the past millennium.

I rated the book 3 out of 5 stars. The history itself maybe abit dry for some people (for instances me). But the quotes and things that people will do to fly, the courage of Joe Kittinger free fall from space, or the brilliant yet silly action of Larry Walters tying ballons onto his chair to fly proves a point - A dream is just a dream if you do not take action to realize it.

What I have learn would be straight forward - the sky nor space does not limit our capabilities. That is up to where and how high we set our limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment