Sunday, November 24, 2013

Backdate 23.11.2013 Ender's Game

Pardon me for my backdates again. I went straight to bed after yesterday's movie.

If you are familiar with my first blog, jpthedarkknight.blogspot.com, you'd know that I like watching movies. And I learn alot from them.

Now this post again is not something new that I've learned though, rather a refresher of what the reality holds.

Colonel Hyrum Graff sees talent in the protagonist, Andrew "Ender" Wiggin. Wiggin was drafted to join a force that defends Earth from Aliens (in this case the Formics).

If you have watched the movie you'd go through Ender's struggles and yet too hard to be true promotion to fleet commander from a cadet in 2 hours time (LOL).

What the movie really made me realized was: The moment people see that preferable trait or strengths in you, you will be used and molded to be what they want from you, instead of what you want to be.

It's a sad case but I think in reality most of us are the same as Ender.

Food for thought: Do you still remember that childhood dream of yours? Or the big life achievement that you want to realize before you die? Compare the life you have now against your dreams. Are they still reachable? Or has society and reality slowly eaten out the life or the person that you wanted to be?

The movie gave me yet another reminder: You only live once. Do not let others shape you into something they want.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfo4GbFY7BbsNCgLQ5tTlokemosqJCNVHWUj_Nqe3GLB8xsJU2jA

No comments:

Post a Comment