Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Are The Chinese Literates More Gullible?

Note this may not be a lesson or a learning, but a finding that I am trying to find out for quite sometime.

Why?

As a Gen-Y dude who spends quite a number of hours on the net (self confessed yes), I'd say that the info I get before I post or share are valid and solid to a certain degree of truthfulness.

So when I find facebook posts that are suspicious or those I deem absurd and nonsensical, that;s what kicks me to my probing mode.

So here's the current scenario: I think (please, support is needed) that there are quite a number of Mandarin facebook posts that may not be reporting a true scenario or information. But that's not all. The real shit starts happening when most of my friends keeps re-posting or re-sharing a specific fake post.

One good example would be the new iPhone speculations (classic I would say). This would come out of the blue, where some mumbo jumbo claims that there is a leak on design and functionality of the latest iPhone, which gets everyone excited. But as someone who scours the Internet daily, you don't need to be a hardcore Apple fan to know that such news are bollocks. Same goes to those "like-and-share" pages where they donate money or pick free winners for some too good to be true prize.

I am truly amaze by the endless possibility the internet can bring to us. But I am also truly amaze that how shallow or gullible one can be, easily swayed or take the words of an unverified site's info seriously.
It's not that I'm purposely drawing a scenario where I paint myself higher and better than others, but seriously, I can't stand ignorance and stupidity. I know I'm being a bit harsh on the words, but I couldn't find any milder words.

Just that when it comes to facts, I would settle nothing more than the truth or logic opinions.

P.S.  Seriously after living so long on Earth, I thought we all should be clear on what Apple's marketing strategy is (you don't need to study marketing to know the truth). Until the day of the launch comes, you ain't knowing no shit about the coming new gadget.

No comments:

Post a Comment